ROTARY DISTRICT 1410 PRESENTATION
Rotary Parade in Gdansk
Rotary District 1410
Rotary District 1410 is part of the official Rotary International organization as one of the 541 districts. The work area is the South-West Finland, Satakunta, part of Kanta-Häme, part of Pirkanmaa and the Åland Islands: 60 clubs and 2 285 members (30.6.2015). There are 89.3% men and 10.7% women in the district 1410.
Rotary District is designed to support individual Rotary clubs to promote Rotary's goals. Like other districts of Finland belong to 15 zone (Zone), together with most of Sweden, Estonia and Latvia. The District administration of the treatment Finland Rotary office in Helsinki, for example district accounts, youth exchanges, multi-circuit operation, Rotary regional magazine Finland representation of control, as well as a number of designated projects. An important part of the administrative matters is the Zurich office of the Rotary International.
There are 1.2 million rotarians in the world - leaders, specialists, young, old, women, men. With the words of Jennifer Jones, RI director: "We are leaders by the way we think, not necessarily by our title. That’s a pretty big shift in thinking in how we have gone historically in the past. But I think it is a major shift because the group is really serious about bringing younger members into our organization. They’re not in the senior positions in their organizations in this point in time, but are they leaders? Absolutely.”
Recent blogs posts
Let's collect together all the hours made for Rotary - may they be minutes for example for the Facebook posting or hours planning club festivities/planning or participating in projects or for example arranging open event for the public.
We do a lot of work for common good and cannot always get an attendance certificate, so let's show the hard work to everyone (link on the district's website). Please list the time in district's time bank that you have used for the Rotarywork! If you do not want to use your own name (you can see the listing after filling the form), please use the club name. The club name is the only required information on the form.
Thank you in advance for being part of this!
DG Heidi Cavén (DG 2019-2020)
DGE Anita Häggblom (DG 2020-2021)
DGN Mikko Lindeman (DG 2021-2022)
- Hoops on the Hudson 11.11.2019
- World Polio Day cheers major achievements toward global polio eradication 31.10.2019
- Rotary provides millions in polio funding as wild poliovirus type 3 is eradicated 30.10.2019
- Join us for Rotary’s World Polio Day Online Global Update 21.10.2019
- The plus in PolioPlus 21.10.2019
- The price of polio 21.10.2019
- The Rotarian Conversation: Denis Mukwege 21.10.2019
- The grief that does not speak 17.10.2019
- The Rotarian Conversation: Alex Kotlowitz 17.10.2019
- The wheel deal 17.10.2019
- Governor’s monthly letter October 2019
- Hidden hours?
- Governor’s monthly letter – September 2019
- Governor’s monthly letter – August 2019
- VSE-team from district 1210 to Finland in September 4th – 18th
- Governor’s mostly letter – July 2019
- Julkaisutoimikunta hakee uusia jäseniä
- Kuvernöörin kuukausikirje – kesäkuu
- Syysseminaari 14.9.2019 Urjalan Taikayössä (=päivässä)
- Yhteenveto vuoden 2019 Rotary Internationalin sääntövaltuuskunnan päätöksistä