The reorganization of the duties of Assisting Governors and Chairmen of the Committees in the District Council (1410) 2015 – 16
Approved in the District meeting on 25th of August in 2015
On the top of the Duties mentioned in the Rotary Handbook DGE of the District 1410 is additionally responsible for leading the Committees of our District (IT-, membership-, PR-Committees), in other words invites about every second month the Chairmen of the Committees to a meeting in order to update the situations and doings of the Committees. It is very important to DGE to take care of getting done the schedules and duties as instructed.
DGE has to take a position whenever needed on necessity of committees and if needed, to make suggestions on establishing new ones.
On the top of the Duties mentioned in the Rotary Handbook DGN of the District 1410 is additionally responsible for having meetings with Assisting Governors, where on the other hand the Assisting Governors are reporting on the situations of the Clubs. The goal is to have these meetings about every third month. The e-mail meeting will be seen as a meeting.
DGN has to remind the Club Presidents on due dates.
If there is a need to give training to the new Presidents, the matter must be raised up in the District Council.
The goal of the meetings is to have a situation after few years, where you can easily see the right picture of how the Club in question works – or if it does not.
The Governor must take care of whenever he/she is giving instructions, the instruction given to Assisting Governors must be informed to DGN as well.
The Meeting in question
The meeting in question can be held as a normal meeting, and the electric skype-type meeting will do as well, and is even recommended.
The meetings can also be held with the joint meetings of the District, as
– Autumn Seminar
– District Leadership training
– District Conference.
There is also a reason to think the usage of Facebook or possibilities of usage of some other electric informing system.
The goal of the arrangement
The goal of the arrangement is primary to make sure that
– we are improving activities of our District and we will avoid the possible situations where the management of the District does not know what really happens on the field at that moment, or is going to happen, as an example the finishing of the Club activities,
– when the new Governor Nominee DGN will be elected, it can happen, that he or she does not have the experiences of the Assisting Governor, so through this arrangement he or she will be given a better possibility to the work in this very important area of the District, in other words, to work between the Clubs and the management of the District, before the duties of DG will start,
– when the new DGN after being elected to a Governor Nominee will find out, that he or she has not before have had any contacts at all with the different Committees of the District
– we will avoid the surprises, such as the situations, that possibly have been known by someone or some Rotarians, but the information have not been reported to the Governor
– the working pressures of the Governor will be divided inside the District among the key people.
The Governor of the District will get either
– a copy of the Minutes of the Meeting or
– a copy of the e-mail and
– he or she will be reported orally on the situation.
DG 2015 – 16